Smoked trout – check! Cream cheese – check! Basil pesto – check! All of these, and more are delicious ingredients for a tasty lunchtime treat served up by the kitchen at Walkersons Hotel & Spa – a Tian of Trout Bagel. Put your culinary skills to the test, and try this mouth-watering dish out at home by following this simple recipe.
- 1 TBSP cream cheese
- 1 TBSP feta cheese
- 30ml basil/herb pesto
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 3 half hot smoked fillets of trout (+/- 200g)
- 1 bagel
- 1 TBSP horse radish cream
- Slices of tomato and cucumber
- Micro herbs
- Fresh lemon juice
- Shred and mix one half fillet with cream cheese and chopped dill.
- Shred and mix one half fillet with chopped sundried tomatoes and feta.
- Shred and mix one half fillet with basil/herb pesto.
- Season according to taste.
- Cover the bottom half of the toasted bagel with horse radish cream, micro herbs, and a few slices of tomatoe and cucumber.
- Use a catering ring to fill the separate fillet mixtures layer-for-layer on the prepared bottom half of the bagel.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
- Garnish with cold smoked trout slices, crispy deep-fried onions, leeks, or basil.
- Place the other half of the bagel on top of it all.
Serves 3 persons.
If you’d rather sample this delectable creation fresh from the culinary team at Walkersons & Hotel, simply make your way to this luxury Dullstroom lodge and enjoy a meal on the cosy Terrace. Both guests and day visitors are welcome at the hotel, but make sure to secure a reservation on email@example.com to avoid disappointment on the day.
Alternatively, treat yourself to a 7-course fine dining experience amidst the fireside intimacy of the Walkersons restaurant. Here you will enjoy a wide range of sumptuous dishes prepared by the experienced team, which is led by award-winning Chaine Chef Adri van Wieringen. Guests are also invited to select a bottle of wine from our impressive collection, before enjoying signature dishes such as rainbow trout with apricot cous cous, biltong and feta risotto and roast duck with black cherry sauce.
To find out more about dining, or staying at Walkersons Hotel & Spa, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27 (13) 253 7000.