One of the most popular dishes at Walkersons Hotel & Spa is the succulent rack of lemon and rosemary crusted lamb. Allowing you to enjoy this delectable dish at home, and wow your next set of dinner guests, the culinary team at Walkersons have put together an easy-to-follow recipe.
– Off cuts of the racks
– Large onion
– 2 celery sticks
– 2 leeks
– 2 carrots
– Chopped parsley
– 250ml red wine
1) Chop onion, celery, leeks, carrots and parsley.
2) Fry the off cuts of bone in a deep saucepan, until dark and crispy.
3) Discard excess fat and add chopped vegetables.
4) Add red wine and simmer until the mixture has reduced by half.
5) Pour through a sieve, and add a bit of butter to flavour.
Rack of Lamb
– Super Grade Lamb (3 bones per rack)
– Bread Crumbs
– Zest of one lemon
– Whole Grain Mustard
– Salt & Pepper
1) Clean the bones of the rack to the loin.
2) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Cover the outside part of loin with mustard and tightly pack with bread crumbs, lemon zest and chopped rosemary.
4) Roast in a preheated over at 180°C for 15 minutes and rest.
If you’d rather try out this dish prepared by a professional such as Chaine Chef Adri van Wieringen, then simply book your stay at Walkersons Hotel & Spa, today!
What’s more, keep an eye on our blog for more tasty recipes, and current specials at the Misty Trout Restaurant.