You’ve decided to take a break from city life and visit Dullstroom with your family – an excellent idea. Dullstroom is beautiful at this time of year – the weather is mild to warm – perfect for hiking and spending days lounging beside the pool at Walkersons Hotel & Spa.
Our hotel is set on a gorgeous estate and boasts an old-world luxury feel that keeps families coming back year after year. If you’re looking for family accommodation in Dullstroom, look no further than our four fully-furnished self-catering cottages – Waterfall House, Hillside Cottage, Hansel Cottage and Gretel Cottage. Their names alone should tell you what we offer – secluded countryside bliss.
The cottages have anything from two to five bedrooms, depending on the size of your family. Each has an outdoor braai area where you can enjoy the gorgeous spring weather. A bonus: All laundry gets done by the hotel, so chores are not on your horizon. Simply arrive, unpack and start exploring the gorgeous green world around you.
Family-friendly activities on the estate include fishing, hiking, picnicking and strolling along the river, which the little ones love! They’ll have plenty of space to run around on the large lawns and be ready to pass out at bedtime.
Staying in our self-catering cottages enables you to set the pace. The idyllic surrounding countryside has often been compared to the Scottish Highlands, and we aim to deliver the same hearty hospitality to our guests. The best part? Walkersons is only a three-hour drive from Johannesburg! Now you know where you’re headed for that next long weekend.
Things to do in Dullstroom
- Go horseback riding at the Dullstroom Riding Centre (082 442 9766).
- Play golf at the Highland Gate Golf and Trout Estate (087 287 4652).
Go clay pigeon shooting at Field and Stream (083 443 4567).
- Wild About Whiskey is a Dullstroom must (013 254 0254).
- Take the little ones to Dullstroom Bird of Prey Centre to see incredible raptors up-close (082 899 4108).
- Head to the Anvil Ale Brewery for an epic beer-tasting experience. This might not be kiddie-friendly, but they have a great play area where the little ones can go nuts as you relax in the beer garden (073 168 6603).
There are also plenty of things to do off the estate’s grounds!
Book your next weekend away
With a range of tailor-made packages and affordable deals, Walkersons Hotel & Spa offers wonderful family accommodation in Dullstroom.
Have a look at our website to see the various family-friendly cottages available to you. To book, email our reservation desk at email@example.com make use of the quick and seamless online booking process by clicking here.
We can’t wait to welcome your entire family to the Walksersons Hotel & Spa!
- Family accommodation in Dullstroom
- Self-catering holiday options
- Make use of the hotel amenities at Walkersons Hotel & Spa
- Country getaway close to Johannesburg
- Dams, river and a swimming pool
- Child-friendly activities
Reservations: +27 (13) 253 7000