The perfect accompaniment to a fresh and healthy summer breakfast, delicious homemade muesli is surprisingly simple to achieve. Elevate your next Sunday morning breakfast, or get ready to wow your Boxing Day brunch guests with this easy-to-follow recipe put together by the culinary team at Walkersons Hotel & Spa.
2kg mixed unsalted nuts
250ml sunflower seeds
1kg Jungle Oats
250ml brown sugar
250ml golden syrup
65ml sunflower oil
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Crush the nuts roughly and mix all ingredients well together.
3. Bake in the oven until golden brown.
4. Spread the muesli on a baking sheet to cool down.
5. After cooling, scoop up muesli and store in an airtight container for future use.
6. Serve with Greek yoghurt, drizzle with honey, and enjoy!
If you’d rather try out this dish prepared by an experienced professional such as Chaine Chef Adri van Wieringen, then simply book your stay at the luxury Walkersons Hotel & Spa, or make a reservation at our beautiful Terrace Restaurant.