Walkerson’s Hotel has the distinction of enjoying the services of a fellow of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, Adri van Wieringen, in its restaurant.
La Chaîne is an International Association of Gastronomy, established in 80 countries worldwide, and has 25 000 members bound by the following mantra:
“I shall always honour the art of cuisine and the culture of the table and I shall always fulfil my obligations of brotherhood and of respect for my fellow members.”
Established in 1248 by Louix IX, as a professional guild to improve the technical expertise of its members, including apprentices, tradesmen and masters, today the Cheine includes amateurs, professionals, hoteliers, restaurateurs, executive chefs, and sommeliers, all over the world.
This culinary band of brothers is committed to promoting quality, fine dining, and promotion of the arts and pleasures of the table.
Competitions take place all over the world to encourage and develop the talents of members of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, to nurture new talent and share skills.
The Values of La Chaîne are committed to:
- Preserving the camaraderie of the table
- Promoting excellence in all areas of hospitality
- Encouraging the development of young chefs and sommeliers worldwide
- Holding national and international competition to showcase upcoming talent
- Being a key players in the transmission of knowledge
- Providing international food support and aid to those in need
- Developing training in the Hospitality and Food & Beverage industries
Members of the Chaine de Rotisseurs include:
- 18,000 Non-professional members, with a passion for the culinary arts and fine wine.
- 7,000 professionals in all disciplines of the culinary arts
- Head chefs, young chefs of the future and sommeliers in ,200 restaurants around the world
- Some famous names in fine cusine such as 2 and 3 stars Michelin chefs, master craftsmen, Meilleurs Ouvriers de France
- General Managers 3,000 upmarket establishments internationally
- 180 Private Clubs
- 200 International conference catering services companies
- 200 prestigious universities, hotels and cookery schools
- 250 vineyards in the world’s best winemaking regions
- 90 cruise lines and airline companies
With its long history of commitment to culinary excellence and extensive network, Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is the perfect support system for both up-and-coming as well as experienced chefs and you can be assured that you are in good hands whenever you see the brass plaque of La Chaine on display.